1. I will ask Santa for a vacation to the Bahamas…ALONE… and a nanny back home to take care of the kids and laundry.
2. I will prioritize unforgettable experiences over unmet expectations.
3. I will create at least one new holiday tradition for my family and make it memorable.
4. I will tell my inner critic that things don’t have to be perfect so I can go from Merry “STRESSmas” to Merry “CHRISTmas.”
5. I will accept that “it is what it is” and thank God that no matter what, He is in control of my well-being, my kids, my chaos.
6. I will hold close to heart my loved ones who are with Jesus this Christmas.
7. I will watch out for the “overs” and not use my current situation as an excuse to OVERshop, OVEReat, OVERwork or be OVERwhelmed.
8. I will remember that more is not better.
9. I will celebrate the blessing of my circle of friends and supporters: my church, my family, and Arise Single Moms.
10. I will wake up Christmas morning celebrating Jesus in my heart.
I WILL NOT:
1. I will not tell the kids Santa ate the chocolate out of their stockings when I know full well I did it.
2 .I will not wear myself out trying to please everyone remembering that “NO” is not a curse word.
3. I will not let myself feel like a failure because the kids are not getting everything on their wish list.
4. I will not forget to put this note on my bathroom mirror: PAMPER THYSELF.
5. I will not let myself feel incomplete because I’m the only single parent at the school holiday event.
6. I will not compare my Christmas decorations to those moms on Pinterest who have nothing else to do.
7. I will not allow toxic people to take up space in my head.
8. I will not forget to make Jesus a birthday cake, one complete with candles for the kids to blow out.
9. I will not fill my emptiness by dating men that are not God’s best for me.
10. I will not forget this season is about Christ—my Redeemer, my Comforter, My Provider, and the One who came to this earth to give me hope in life’s journey.